Tuesday, September 29, 2015

MTC news

Dear Family and Friends,
 
I am enjoying the MTC so much. I have learned at the MTC,about the Gospel this past week then I have learned my whole life and that is saying something. I have learned more about the Holy Ghost and the power that I has in our lives and in the lives of the people that we teach. My companion is Sister Webb. We had connections together at Utah State. My district great as well. I have learned so much from them these past few days. 
We had a devotional last night, there was one thing that Rosemary Wixom, the Primary General President quoted from the prophet Ezra Taft Benson is says " Nothing will startle you more when you pass through the veil, then when you see how familiar your Heavenly Father is to you." I know that as we come to know our Father in Heaven then we will find that to be true.  I
Thank you all so much for the sweet letters you wrote to me. Since been here at the MTC I have not once left sad or upset about leaving home to teach the people of Long Beach CA. I miss you all so much, but  I know that this is where I need to be at this time in my life. I read your letters the first night I got here to because I felt like reading letters from home and those were all that I had at the time. I teared up a little reading them all. 
 I love you all so much and am grateful for the support that you have given in my decision to serve the Lord. 

Sister McGarry III
 
P.S. I promise pictures next week, I need an SD card adapter to do pictures and I don't have that right now. 
L to R Sister Webb, Sister McGarry, Sister Montague, Sister Abbott
MTC district


No comments:

Post a Comment