Tuesday, August 23, 2016

We will find Peace in His Outstretched Arms

Dear Family and Friends,
I was quite shocked when I received a phone call from Sister Patterson on Tuesday Morning. She  passed on the news that my Grandma Ruth finished her life here and went to see Grandpa Dell Monday night. It was a hard call to receive honestly. I am so grateful for my wonderful companion who watched my facial expression as I heard this news. She put her herself into my shoes and felt the pain.  She even cried longer than I did that morning. I have felt peace this entire week. I know that Grandma Ruth is in a better place. I am felt the Lord's love surrounding me this week. I have learned so much from my Grandmother just as Jacob said she was/is an amazing woman. She taught me to love all people. She taught me how to love. Her example is one that I will always remember.
 I am so happy that I have been able to serve the Lord at this time. There is one other place I would rather be. I know that God has a purpose for all things. I am happy because I know that my Grandma is no longer in pain, she is free. I am so happy for the Plan of Salvation that God have given us. He will send angel to guide us and to lift us up. He will send us a peace that we cannot find anywhere else. 
Now to report on the Lord's Work in the Cordata Park ward:
Debbie is getting baptized on Saturday. She is so prepared by the Lord. I have loved watching her change and grow in the Gospel. I am so happy that I have been able to be an instrument is God's hands and to help her enter into the convent of Baptism. I  have been able to see her change and to see her enthusiasm to be baptized and it has been a testimony builder for me knowing that God is preparing His Children everywhere. 
Bertha is an investigator my companion and I picked up a few weeks ago. We have been able to teach her about the Plan of Salvation. My companion while on exchanges was able to set a baptismal date with her for September 24th. We will continue to prepare her for this date.  She has very strong faith in Christ and has a desire to change her life for the better. 
As I mentioned earlier we also went on exchanges this week, I learned and saw miracles on exchanges. I went on exchanges with Sister Poulson. She is a Greenie! I loved watching her enthusiasm about sharing the Gospel.
We were able able to see a miracle yesterday night, we went by a less active member to try and see him. But we ended up talked to his daughter who is also a member of the church. We shared with her Alma 7:11-13 and the Spirit was so strong, we invited her to pray and ask Heavenly Father if he is there for her. I know that He knows us.
I know that God loves each of His children and that His plan is a perfect plan. He knows us. He can help us. He is waiting for us to come unto Him. As we come unto Christ we will find peace in His loving embrace. I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. I am grateful for the Knowledge of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, which tells us that Families are Forever. 
Love,
Sister McGarry III

 Sister Poulson and me on Exchanges
 The Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment