Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Change and repentance

Dear Family and Friends,
 
This week has been Great! I have continued to work in Both the Mid-single adult ward and also the Seapoint ward. I have been able to many things happen this week! We had Caeden come back after 5 weeks of not coming to church. We hope to be able to meet with soon. 
 
This week I have done a lot of reflecting on my life and on the experience that I have had thus far on my mission and look back I can see how much the Lord have been there to help me get through the hard times. I was thinking one of the most life changing experiences and one of the biggest turning points of my mission was the death of my Dearest Grandma Ruth. To give a little bit of background on the story. Toward the end of Grandma Ruth's life she went in and out of the Hospital and I the opportunities to call and speak with her right before Mother's day last year. Where I was able to hear her voice and hear her say these words which will stay with me forever til I see her again, as they were the last words I heard her speak before returning to her Heavenly Home. She said to me "I am so proud of what you are doing on  your mission and the for things that you are learning there. I wish that I could stay her til you get home, but I just don't think that will happen. Don't cry. I will be okay. I love you and keep working hard, having fun Remember that I will be with you when you need me." I remember then hearing over the next several months news of her health going up and done, she would be doing good then not so good. Then one day, She was taken home the see those who had gone before her. She happened to return home shortly after President Patterson came to be our mission President. 
 
In December of last year I was able to talk to President Patterson about things that had happened in the life of my grandma that didn't make sense to me at the time, and he was able to give me a new perspective on the situation that had happened. and with that new perspective that I have gained a strong testimony of the Plan of Happiness that our loving Heavenly Father has given to us.  I love this Gospel so much and I am so grateful for those who sacrificed to allow me to be born into a wonderful family that had the gospel. I have been able to see the Lord's hand as I have trying to overcome the weaknesses that I have. I have been able to see the Atonement of Jesus Christ work in the lives of other people and also in my our life. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he knows our pains and our sorrows. He came to this earth so that we could have the opportunity to return to live with our loving heavenly father and so that we could live with our family forever. I know that Joseph Smith was a man called of God to restored the same church that existed at the same time that Christ was here on the earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ and that by reading it we can gain a better understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that God is there for us all. I know that God knows and loves us so much! He is there for us! He will be there to help and strengthen us. Love you all and hope that you have a great week.
 
Love,

Sister McGarry III

 Zone activity we went bowling
 Sunset of Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment