Monday, February 6, 2017

Why HB for 13 to 14 Months?

Dear Family and Friends,
 
This was great! We invited our investigators Brianna and Sophie to invite their family to the next lesson that we have with them and they have agreed to invite them. We are looking forward to meeting Evan Brianna and Sophie little brother and their mom.
 
As many of you have seen most of my mission I have spend in the Huntington Beach Stake. I have been in the Pleasant View ward where i spent 4 1/5 months, then moved to Cordata Park for 5 Months, spend two weeks in the Young Single Adult Ward, Then was emergency transferred to the Seapoint ward where I am currently serving. This transfer I am was assigned to the Single Adult Ward which includes singles from 30-45. While I was serving in the Pleasant View ward I had the opportunity to teach a man named Kyle. He mentioned to me that he felt something missing in his life and he wanted to find it. He was baptized in March of 2016, I was able watch him bless the Sacrament for the first time after his baptism. The joy on his face as he could feel the Spirit in his life once again as amazing. In April, I moved out of the ward and hadn't heard from him until.... I moved to the Single Adult ward, the 1st day that were when there that mentioned that a man named Kyle said that we were free to go out with the elders if they needed someone to come out with them. The elders who were serving in that ward then passed the information on to us because they were no longer serving in his ward. Upon hearing his name I thought and thought about how familiar it sounded to me. Then I realized that He was this same man that I met while I was serving in Pleasant so many months ago. This sunday I have to wonderful opportunity to sit in when he received the Melchizedek Priesthood. After this I came to realize that everything that has happened while I was here in the Huntington Beach has been for not only my good but for the good of those around me. I have been able to see the hand of the Lord in the work here in Huntington Beach. I have learned to love the people here so much and to see the blessings of the Lord here. 
 
This week we also went on Exchanges. I got to go with Sister Oickle. She is super sweet. I learned a lot from her. She  really knows how to work hard and how to love the people. 
I know that God has placed me where I have needed to be and at the time that I have need to be there. He knows us so will and he loves us so much he will bless us and help us. Remember that we are where we are to bless the lives of those around us to help us. There is someone in our circle of Friends that only we can help. Hope that you all have a great week and strive to find why God has called to you be where you are currently at in your live. I love you all.
Love,

Sister McGarry III






No comments:

Post a Comment