Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Atonement and resurrection of Christ

Dear Family and Friends,

These past few weeks I was putting a lot of focus in my personal study on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and His resurrection. I have learned quite a lot about the atonement as I have studied it in personal study and as I have testified of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As I was studying atonement I read in the Teachings of the Prophet: Howard W. Hunter and he said something along the lines of: " Of all the miracles Jesus Christ performed while He was here on the earth the greatest miracle He performed was the Atonement and the Resurrection." As I thought about this I thought back on my life and the role that the Atonement has played in my life. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has played a major role in my life. Like Jacob said the Atonement has made me who I am today. 
The resurrection brings me great comfort in knowing that we can see our loved ones again and that whatever suffering or illness they  experienced in this life will no long be there.
This week I had to opportunity to go one exchanges. I went with Sister Foster. She helped me a lot. I learned how I can make each transfer of my mission better in order to help me acheive my mission vision, which is: Leave it all behind me, to leave the mission field knowing that I left it all behind me. 
  I know that the atonement can help us  fo forgive others and to forgive ourselves (as was it spoken by one of the general authorities at conference this weekend). The Atonement of Jesus Christ can bring peace to our minds and hearts. As we turn to the Savior for comfort, we will not be left comfortless. He is ALAWYS ready and WILLING to comfort us. He can bring peace and comfort in a way that no one else can. I know that it is the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. I know that we can be washed clean fro our sins  and that the Atonement it real ( Just like Jacob testified).  I love you all and hope that you have a great week.

Love,  
Sister McGarry III



No comments:

Post a Comment