Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Our Faith WIll be Tested

Dear Family and Friends,
 
As so many of you heard on Christmas, this new area has a been a little bit difficult for me.  My companion and I have had our faith tried this these few weeks.  Leading up to Christmas we were looking for some new investigators to teach the gospel to. We were trying to share the Christmas video called A Savior is Born. But not many people were willing to watch it with us.  But we did get to share the video with people so that was great. 
 
On December 26th, however, we had a great night. We were able to find two new investigators to teach. It was a miracle. One of them we met while teaching a lesson to an investigator who was a referral from the YSA (Young Single Adult ward) Missionaries. He was at the house when we went to go and teach our investigator, we invited him to join the lesson with us and he accepted and he joined us in our lesson. The other we met while going to see our investigator who we have been trying to meet with and his sister answered the door and told us he was not home,  so we asked when a better time to stop by would be for us to catch him so that we could teach him. She said that she didn't know what time he would be home. My companion then said "We are sharing a message about Jesus Christ. Is that something that we could share with you?" She said sure. We then taught her the Restoration and schedule a time that we could come back and teach her.
 
God knows us and loves us. He will try our faith and test us. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that He was born so we could return back to life with our families and with our Heavenly Father again. I love you all. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and that you all have a Happy New Year! I was so great to see those of you I got to talk to on Christmas day.

Love,
Sister McGarry III

No comments:

Post a Comment